Top 10 Must Haves for Girls Lacrosse Players this Summer
Summer lacrosse season is here! Most of you are playing, practicing, traveling, training, attending tournaments, doing wall ball or just throwing with a friend. We've prepared a top 10 list of all of the MUST HAVES in girls lacrosse this Summer! All of your fun summer essentials and must haves to pack with you!
Have any recommendations on what else to add? Let us know in the comments below!
10. Mouth guards just got cooler ... Triad Athletes Mouthguard for female athletes by female athletes. What makes it a "female" mouthguard? It's slim, narrow channel design and mold with ease. No boiling required, and all that is needed is a damp paper towel, a microwave and cold bowl of water. Trim to fit and adjust and Dentists approve and recommend this mouth guard! Come on ladies, do not throw your mouthguard in with your other gear! Place it in the case provided so you never forget or lose your mouth guard which is one less thing to worry about (and for parents). This mouth guard comes with a convenient and clean storage case with gold carabiner to clip on any bag!
Fun colors like black out black and crystal clear or ravenous red to choose from! Match your team jersey or pick your fave color... (and Goddess Gold is on its way!)
9. Beach waves and Blonde highlights ... Sun Bum's Blonde Hair Lightener is the best way to get those summer highlights. You're going to play in the beating sun. Well, make it work with you and spray a little lightener in your pony tail, braid and let Sun Bum and the sun do it's magic. It smells delicious too with notes of Costa Rican Pineapple and Meyer Lemon. Who doesn't want beachy, wavy hair with golden highlights! And if you're already a blonde? GO LIGHTER!
8. A Stick to DYE for ... Customize your stick head from Lax Zombie Dyes! Ombre and gradient effects to look like a phoenix rising or fluffy pink unicorn. And one of the nicest small business owners you'll meet, Shane will walk you through the process, help you select your colors not only for your head but your strings too. Whether your a field or box lacrosse player (or both), customizing your stick head & strings will certainly make you stand out of a crowd and reflect your personal style.
7. Keep the "youth" in looking youthful ... Trader Joe's Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 will not only protect you but it's sweat resistant! As much as we love the sun, playing in the hot sun is also our skin's number one enemy and ages us faster. Instead of looking like a ghost and with a greasy feeling on top of sweat, this sunscreen is made for female athletes. It's a translucent, oil-free formulation that your skin (the largest organ on your body) drinks up and absorbs quickly. Your face and body feels silky matte smooth with NO greasy residue or looking like Ronald McDonald white. It also offers oxybenzone-free, broad-spectrum SPF 40 protection and it’s fragrance free. Our recommendation, re-coat in between games. Although sweat resistant, it lasts for about 40-45 minutes after sweating.
6. Play ball ... a Pearl Lacrosse Ball should always be in your bag. Whether you want to toss with a friend or get their early for warmups, having a Pearl ball is just as essential as your goggles, cleats and mouth guard.
Pearl Lacrosse balls are grease resistant. Just like sunscreen making you feel greasy, ever notice that over time your lacrosse ball becomes greasy too? Engineered by scientists and developed in a lab, this ball is made out of an elastomer that not only meets regulation specs but does not change over time. Bonus, these lacrosse balls are made right here in the USA.
5. Stay cool, stay hydrated ...Yeti’s Limited Edition Rambler 64 oz water bottle is a bigger bottle for those long lacrosse days. Here’s why this is a great investment. When you spend more, your less prone to leave it behind. Ha, tell your parents that. The real benefits not only come in the size to hold more water but it’s 100% leak proof which means it won’t get on your jersey, your cleats or whatever else you hold in your bag. It’s easy to carry and the best feature it’s double-wall vacuum insulated which means if you fill it with water and ice, on those hot summer lacrosse days, you will drink an icy cold beverage to cool your insides. And if you’re a goalie and need a quick swig, it’s compatible with their straw cap that’s sold separately. Plus, lots of FUN colors to choose from and clean surface to add all of your Goat stickers too ;)
4. West Coast representin'... Triad Athletes Cali Lax Girl Tee and Best Coast West Coast tank are making a statement. Not only do we get to play all year under the sun, the West Coast is producing some of the best lacrosse players in the country! Whether you want to dress up these tops with a cute pair of jean shorts and flip flops or throw on with sweats, you have two different looks, two different options to wear off the field.
Best Coast West Coast racer back cropped tank with raw edges, is light, airy and keeps you cool on hot summer days made with 52% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton and 48% poly jersey. Best paired with jean shorts and sandals.
Cali Lax Girl's bold and colorful graphic crew neck is a modern cut with a looser fit made with a super-soft 100% Airlume cotton. Best paired with jeans or solid colored bike shorts and white sneakers.
3. Massage, massage and massage more ... Fixx 1.0 by Complex in your bag will be a game changer. it is great to reduce soreness, loosen tight muscles, and can be used for warm up prior to activity. Fixx 1.0 massager provides the ultimate deep tissue massage for sore and overworked muscles, and can also be used as part of a warm-up routine. There are 3 different speeds ranging from 25, 33, and 46 strokes per second and having this in your bag will remind you to massage before, during and just as important, AFTER games or a training. Your body goes through such highs and lows during a training, a practice, a game or tournament. And after an intense workout or game, using a massage tool will keep those muscles flexible, loose and improve your range of motion.
2. Beach, Lacrosse or Everything bag ... Triad Athletes Cali Lax Girl design on a canvas tote bag roomy enough to carry all of the above and then some. Durable canvas that you can wash if it gets dirty. Bring it to a tournament, a day at the beach or out shopping as a reusable tote! Stay away from single use plastic and help Mother Earth.
1. Fueling snacks ... GoMacro Bars Plant based protein bars are the perfect fueling snack in between games! Do you ever feel sluggish or low energy before or in between games? It's because you may not be hydrated enough or have the right snacks/food in your system. GoMacro Bars are clean, simple and include responsible ingredients, healthy and high in protein great for that energy boost. Our personal faves are Cool Endeavor Mint Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter chocolate chip... or Maple Sea Salt, or Cashew Caramel or Blueberry + Cashew Butter... really, all of them! Whatever your go to fueling snack is, just make sure you pack plenty as your teammates may need them too!
Leave a comment