Athletic Training · Body · Elevate · Elite Training · Female Athlete · Girls lacrosse · High School Lacrosse · Invest · Lacrosse · Mind · Mindfulness · Muscle Memory · North County · Nutrition · Performance · San Diego · Strength · Triad Athletes ·
New Year, New Focus
2022 is here!
Have you thought about what you would like to accomplish this year? Think about where you are now.
Are there parts of your nutrition plan that you would like to focus on to improve your energy, strength, and performance? If yes, then this is for you!
Can you choose one of the following commitments for 2022?
1. Sip on your water all day. Staying hydrated is an important part of a fueling plan. Water helps your body move nutrients to your muscles, bones, and brain. Did you know that just a 2% change in your body weight from sweat loss will have a significant negative impact on your performance?
2. Before you go to bed, take 5 minutes to put a pre training snack in your bag. This snack should be a simple, easy to digest carbohydrate that you can eat 30-60 minutes before training. A few great options include: pretzels, granola bars, apple sauce, fig bars, or a PB&J.
3. A strong plate starts with a foundation of carbohydrates. Carbs are an essential fuel for your muscles and brain. So let's make sure you are fueled and focused with at least 1/3 or 1/2 of your plate filled with carbohydrates.
4. Having a snack right after training will kick start your recovery with the essential fuel and building blocks that your muscles need. After training, reach for a snack that has carbohydrates and protein. An example of a recovery snack would be chocolate milk or yogurt with granola.
5. ALWAYS listen to your body. If you feel hungry, that is your body chatting with you and saying it needs more fuel. This is where it is handy to carry an extra snack for those times when you are out of the house and hunger strikes.
If you are looking to...
- Separate yourself from your competition
- Build muscle
- Stop the cycle of under-fueling
- Take your game to the next level
...then a STRONG NUTRITION PLAN is your answer.
It is time to learn to fuel your goals one bite at a time.
Read an Interview with Stephanie here
Leave a comment